Monday 20 November 2017

Taking Stock: November Edition





Making: Cups of tea. What else? 

Cooking: Dinner. I am still expected to do this EVERY NIGHT because the Dinner Fairy never arrives. HMPH. 

Drinking: Tea and water. I did buy a bottle of wine the other day and then realised I was on anti-biotics so I couldn't have any. Cue weepy violin music. 

Reading: Just finished a novel I borrowed from the library called The Misinterpretation Of Tara Jupp. It was okay, but waaay too long. Now I have to decide what to read next. 

Trawling: Hmmm, no trawling whatsoever happening for me at the moment.

Wanting: World peace. A cure for cancer. To eat whatever I want and not get fat. Twenty million dollars. Yeah, just when you thought I was deep...

Looking: For a good book to read.

Deciding: The book thing. See above.

Wishing: I was one of those insane sporty people who love running and crossfit and netball and soccer and bats balls boorrring...

Enjoying: The last few weeks of spring before the seventh circle of hell that is summer arrives. 

Waiting: Seems like I'm always waiting for anxiety to pass. It always does, BUT.... lordy I'm sick of it. Sigh. 

Liking: Typing shitty words. I'm weird. 

Wondering: This that and the other. About life, the universe and everything. 

Loving: Don't really know, other than the usual trite answer of my boys. 

Listening: To too many true crime podcasts. Some one make me stoooop...

Considering: Going back to another dietitian. I went a while back and was kind of underwhelmed... but anyway, excuses excuses... 

Buying: Lots of groceries. And some clothes for the boys and myself. 

Watching: Ummm. Not watching much besides Rosehaven and The Letdown on ABC. 

Hoping: Certain things I cannot speak of will work out. 

Marvelling: There is no marvelling at the moment. Not feeling particularly marvelous at all right now. This too shall pass. 





Cringing: At this post. It's so boring. 

Needing: Cold hard cash, a kick up the arse, a new brain, a new body. And, I dunno, everything. 

Questioning: Why I'm even bothering with this.

Smelling: Coffee.

Wearing: Granny clothes, because I'm classy like that. 

Noticing: I have a sore throat and I'm in a sooky la la mood today. See above. 

Knowing: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Capital N, capital O, capital T... Oh okay, you know how to spell nothing in caps.

Thinking: I'm thinking that thinking is over rated.

Admiring: Happy, perky, bubbly people... That is, when I don't want to stab them...

Getting: Ready to pack for Mr 16's school camp and a road trip I'm going on with my mum to Wagga Wagga to visit relatives. 

Disliking: Anxiety and tooth issues. Related: I had a tooth abcess and then had to have the tooth extracted last week. Fun times. 

Opening: Um. Cupboards and drawers so I can pack. See above.

Closing: Same. 

Feeling: Blah. Sooky sooky la la...

Celebrating: Nothing. Capital N, capital O... Oh yeah, we already did this. 

Pretending:  People read this shit. Then again, just as well they don't...

Embracing: I dunno. Nothing, really. 


Yeah, so that was depressing. Oops.

Tune in next time, when I will be back to my usual perky sunny cheerful self... Snorts.  


What are you celebrating in the month of November? 

4 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at this Ness. I usually just choose a few of the prompts or make them up as my life is so boring it rarely fits into the list!

    I could definitely relate to some though... thinking being overrated; wishing I loved running; wanting to eat what I want and not get fat(ter). And feeling blah.

    I think perhaps it's that time of year as well. It's kinda fraught in some ways. It gets busier for many and more stressful.... and for others we kinda sit back and wonder why our lives aren't as busy or as fun as others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all feeling a little blah at this time of year and yet we have to be bright and sparky for the Festive Season. Sometimes boring is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would celebrate the boring, its great to have some down time before the silly season really kicks off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some new clothes Ness! Also pleased you have had the nasty tooth out. I hope you enjoy your trip to Wagga Wagga. I like that city! I graduated with my Masters of Ed back in 1991-0r 2 cant remember and now my daughter is doing the same in December. We arent going (too far for us) but her 4 kids will be so proud to see their Mum after as she has worked her...off to get it finished amid a HUGE number of family dilemmas. Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 45/52. Next week is Best Birthday Ever.

    ReplyDelete