Monday 10 August 2015

Making Mondays Marvellous

Hello Monday, you marvellous creature! It's the start of another week and there is so much to look forward to!

But Mondays suck, I hear you exclaim. That is one way of looking at it. However, I am here to argue that the much maligned Monday has much to offer.


  • Every body knows that Monday is usually the day that you start diets. Which means that by around lunch time (or morning tea time) you can look forward to eating your body weight in ALL THE FOOD and abruptly ending the Monday diet madness. Or is that just me? 






  • It's often a public holiday. 



  • It makes you appreciate Fridays even more. 



  • It's the only day of the week that starts with an M, making it unique. 



  • There are lots of famous songs inspired by Mondays: I Don't Like Mondays, Manic Monday, Rainy Days And Mondays (always get me down...) The fact that they are all negative songs is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. 



  • Lots of restaurants offer kids eat free deals on Mondays. Since you've already screwed your diet at lunch time, you might as well  forget about cooking and go for it. 



  • You can plan all the things you have to do this week and start ticking them off. Alternatively, you can just tick of the days until the weekend.



  • You may have a favourite television show which airs on a Monday. I'm not even sure which shows are on on Mondays. What am I like? 



  • If Home And Away or Neighbours ended on a cliffhanger on Friday you have all the pent up anticipation of the next episode to look forward to. Surprisingly I don't watch either show. Come to think of it, I don't really watch any shows. Weird.



  • The BEST reason of all that Monday ROCKS: It's usually the day I share a new post here on Nessville!!!!!


Admit it, it's the only reason you wake up, right? 

Anyway, lets get down to my exciting list of things that are happening in the land of Nessville this week:

Monday

Most likely I will get out of bed.  If you are reading this then I have managed it. I will certainly look at Facebook. I will post this blog. It's my gift to the world. Just to make your Monday so much better. You're welcome. 

Tuesday

Mickey Blue Eye's birthday is on Tuesday! This of course means one thing: CAKE!!

I also have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I had a routine blood test done last Wednesday. This is just for a check-up for my cholesterol and sugar levels as well as my thyroid. So I'm going back to see how it went. I'm quietly optimistic that it's all good. I haven't received any phone calls. Last time I had a blood test, my GP rang me immediately the next day to tell my that my sugar levels were a concern and I had to have a Glucose Tolerance Test. So far, no phone calls this time around. That has to be a good thing, doesn't it? This Weight Witches thing may be paying off after all. Oh my stars! 

Wednesday

I will probably stare into space vacantly after exercising vigorously. At which point I will come to the conclusion that since I just exercised and it still must be some one's birthday somewhere, I can justify having yet more leftover birthday cake. Winning! 





Thursday

I will probably have a cup of tea. Actually several cups of tea. I always do. 

Friday 

I have my monthly weigh-in at Weight Witches. SUCH a glamorous life I lead. At this point I've scheduled in some sulking when all my cake-eating catches up with me. Following this brief period of sulking, I've then scheduled a firm kick up the bum to myself to make myself get back on track. As soon as I figure out how to become a contortionist....

I suppose I could get Mickey Blue Eyes to kick me up the bum. Otherwise, I'll kick HIM up the bum. I mean, it was HIS birthday cake! It's totally his fault that I ate cake! Come to think of it, my Mum and Mr 14 also had birthdays in this past month. More cake! Therefore, it's totally my family's fault for FORCING me to eat ALL THE CAKE. SO rude. 


Saturday

Two out of three boys have soccer. I'm sure it will be as thrilling as last Saturday when Mr 6 informed me "We lost 7 - nil, but I scored TWO GOALS!!" 

Not exactly sure how that works. I think he inherited his logic from me. So proud. 

Sunday

On Sunday I will be sleeping in. There are no other exciting plans. What could be more exciting than sleeping in? 


This will conclude an action-packed week. Just in time for another marvellous Monday! Can't wait... Can you? 




Linking up for I Must Confess,  Open Slather and Mummy Mondays. 

18 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy week! You totally just read my mind about trying to be more healthy this week and yes, it is already done and dusted and might need to wait till next Monday - haha! Have a great week! Looks like it will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thankfully there will always be another Monday! Thanks for reading. xo

      Delete
  2. Monday and every other day is always that much more bearable and enjoyable with a fresh pot of brewed tea. Enjoy the birthday... and the cake! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, tea with or without cakies is the best. xo

      Delete
  3. I love your youngest's logic and that he was so excited about scoring two goals, even if they must have been for the other team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, logic definitely runs in the family LOL.

      Delete
  4. I got out of bed this morning too - what a coincidence!! I also have a doc appt on Tues avo for a Vitamin B12 injection. In the morning I get my hair done. I'm in #pbevent mode. Shitting myself (excuse the language) - terricited (terrified and excited all mixed together).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be shitting myself too! But I'm sure it will be all good - have fun!

      Delete
  5. mmmmmmm....cake...

    Happy birthday to Mickey Blue Eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds about as exciting as my week ... not fair when I keep hearing about all these people heading off to the Gold Coast for ProBlogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised they're going ahead with it without you! xo

      Delete
  7. Good tips for surviving Mondays! Liberal applications of tea and cake are always good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALWAYS. On Mondays and every other day! Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Mondays are the best day to start diets and break them! Our local WW folded! I really don't mind Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind them either. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone... xo

      Delete
  9. Love your reasoning for liking Mondays, especially the t.v shows ones because that sounds just like me. I have no idea what is on ... oh and I work Monday night anyway. I can't say I mind Mondays. Your week sounds fascinating, or about as fascinating as my last 6 have been and now that this one involves work, work, work and more work I want last week back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got through the busy week and are enjoying the weekend. xo

      Delete