Friday 5 September 2014

Ticking Off Lists Ticks Me Off: Another Post About Nothing

To be perfectly honest with you I know NOTHING. In fact, I know a whole lot of nothing about absolutely NOTHING.  I’m a nothing expert, if you will. Just what the World needs.  Especially with all these ProBlogger posts circulating the blogosphere about ‘useful’ content. 

Meh. 

Instead, I bring to you a completely useless post about, you guessed it: NOTHING! You’re welcome.

I know that I am frightfully hungry right now and uncertain whether to plunge ahead with that trusty meal we tend to call lunch. You see, my parents mentioned that they would be calling in and I fondly imagined that this might coincide with lunch as it has at other times. But they haven’t appeared as yet. Which is extremely rude, as I expected them to provide the lunch. HMPH.

(Mum, I’m joking if you’re reading this!) Oh who am I kidding? Of course she's reading this! Nobody else does. Sniff. 

I know that I’m in a rather wistful, dreamy, reflective mood today. You know, as opposed to all the other days when I’m alert, efficient and organised. Not to mention delusional. Shut up. We weren’t supposed to mention that!

I know that I have at least attempted to become alert, efficient and organised. In the last few months I have started developing a habit of writing down a to-do list and ticking it off. I know! Ground breaking! I’ve always been cutting edge. 

Anyway, despite my forays into list-making, there is no discernible evidence of this unique endeavour. My house still resembles a war-zone with no end of things to-do in sight. This is most disheartening. What I would like to know is: how do people receive pay-offs from house-keeping and organising? I suppose they are just better at it than me. Bloody show-offs.

  


This ticking off lists is starting to tick me off. I want pay-offs! After all, if I’ve gone to the astonishing effort of doing and completing five million things in a day, I expect fan-fare: crowds cheering, balloons and celebratory champagne.  Plus, a million dollars in cold hard cash, thanks very much. 

If Kim Kardashian can demand buckets of cash just for turning up to an event with her large arse and even larger attitude, I don’t see why I, a modest house wife, shouldn’t be able to demand the same. 

I consistently turn up in my own ramshackle home, with my large arse, and make a lacklustre attempt at maintaining some semblance of disorder. I mean, where is the justice? 

On a side note, isn't ‘ramshackle’ a most delightful word? It’s almost worth having a ramshackle home, just so that I can confidently use the word ‘ramshackle’.  Dilapidated and dishevelled would also work here. 





Who wants to have a home that could only be described as ‘perfect’when you can have one that is ramshackle, dilapidated and dishevelled?  Everybody?  Oh. As you were, then.


I still stand by the above words.  And live with them. In them? Whatever.

You know how I mentioned that I was frightfully hungry a few paragraphs ago. It would appear that I am now ravenous. I may have to go to all the effort of making my own lunch. Shocking. 

Related: when Micky Blue Eyes asks me ‘What are you having for lunch?’ what he really means is ‘Make me lunch’. As I typed that he did make his own toast. But none for me. Grounds for divorce really, if you ask me.

In other astounding news, it’s raining! Why not? Just for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Oh well, I guess I had better go and have lunch and tick it off my list.  Of course it’s on my to-do list! Breakfast, lunch AND dinner! That way, at least I know I’ll definitely tick three things off my list of five million. Winning! 


What's ticking you off? What things do you know? 

8 comments:

  1. You made me giggle. I am in a constant state of trying to get organised. Lists would help if I could find them after I've written them :) How was lunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make my own sandwich, which was EXHAUSTING. Take away for dinner! I lose lists too! Thanks for reading. x

      Delete
  2. I'm completely over the rain too. It magically started raining again today around school pick up and then stopped again not long afterwards. That just sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kicked butt again today, I agree there should be fanfare, and a medal presentation at least. No one even noticed what I did today.
    Lists are good for me at the moment. They put everything in my head down on paper, they seem easier to deal with that way, instead of swirling around my brain, stressing me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, hello, your post is incredibly useful. You just made me feel productive! No need to thank me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How rude Ness' mum!! I would initiate divorce proceedings asap!!
    Love your post about nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my life! Even my slow release Ritalin doesn't help. Half started/ jobs everywhere. Nothing truly gets completed. Frustrating to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goals and goals workshops are doing my head in. I think too many people spend too much time over complicating the matter by working out the logistics and making to do lists and never actually get round to rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done.

    ReplyDelete