Monday 13 September 2021

Taking Stock: September 2021 Edition


Hello again, dear creatures. It's time for one of those stock taking things. Let's sit down with a cuppa and get right into it. Here goes: 




Making: The most of it all. Sigh. 

Drinking:   Chamomile tea. Also; wine. Swings and roundabouts. 

Reading: Finished reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and began If I Never Met You by Mhairi MacFarlane. My brain only wants cutesy pie stuff at the moment. 

Wanting: Equilibrium.

Looking:   Like I need a haircut. 

DecidingWhat to have for dinner everyday is a big enough decision right now. 



Wishing: That the Covid situation would improve. 

Enjoying:  Listening to music. 

Waiting: For restrictions and lockdown to ease just like everyone else.

Liking: Um. I dunno. I guess I like that I'm blogging again.

Wondering: What to have for dinner. See above.

Loving:  My current obsession is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Netflix. Best (and weirdest) show EVAHHH. Fight me.




Listening: To the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend soundtrack. See above.

Considering:  A nap. ZZZZ

Buying:  Groceries, scripts and hair dye. Exciting stuff if I don't say so myself. 

I've ordered this book as well so that's super exciting. Squeee. Again. Fight me. 

Watching:  Mr 12 and I just finished watching Never Have I Ever on Netflix. I've also been watching the final season of Rosehaven.  I'm so sad it's the final season. Wahhhh. 

Marveling: At the fact that I still hardcore love my family after being stuck in lockdown for so long.


Hoping: I can see my parents again soon. 

Needing A new brain would be nice.  Failing that, a solid mental health plan and a million dollars. 

Questioning: My sanity. See above. 

Smelling: My chamomile and lavendar body butter. I love it. 

Wearing: Whatever's comfortable. Who's gonna see me?

Noticing: That I'm better off not watching the news, as bad as that sounds.

Knowing Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Zero. I know absolutely nothing about anything ever. I don't have a normal brain and I understand NOTHING. 

Thinking My brain is mostly a loop of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs right now if I'm honest. And I like it that way, cause otherwise it short circuits into some really unhelpful stuff. Stoopid brain. Again; see above. 

Admiring: People who don't get rattled easily by challenges and squeamishness. Is that a word? I dunno. I mentioned that I know NOTHING. 

Getting: Well, I got vaccinated. So that's good.

Feeling: A bit on the wobbly and blah side if I'm honest.

EmbracingLockdown life. Well I don't really have any choice, so there's that. 

That was a rather lacklustre stock take, I must admit. I am definitely experiencing a bit of the blahs lately. I suspect a lot of folks are. Fingers crossed for better times ahead! That is all. 


Until next time,

Ness 

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking that you're blogging agqain. This lockdown has really mucked me around mentally - focus is shot, up and down for no reason. This morning I was totally pumped up and estatic and now, having done little more than clean the house and a few little things, I'm very flat. It's so werid. And slightly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a cutesy pie book. Brain is tired and finding it hard to read the books I wanted to. Also need haircut but hate going to hairdressers. I'm in denial that we're already in the last few epsiodes of rosehaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love that you are back blogging. And its no good you cant see you parents when they've been part of your weekly get out of the house for ages... Thank you for taking part in the 5th Birthday celebrations of Life This Week. Great to see friends who are bloggers linking up each week when they can. I appreciate each and every one of you. Next week, Mr W is back with Time Part Two. See you then if you have a post to share. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete