Monday 3 December 2018

Taking Stock: December 2018 Edition


Making: Mess! Seems to be a gift of mine unfortunately. Messy Nessy FTW!

Cooking: I made scones and hot cakes for the brood the other day. And SO. MUCH. MESS. See above.

Drinking: I'm gonna have me a cold glass of moscato soon. It's chilling in the fridge. Well, it's getting cool, no idea if it's really relaxed.

Reading: A LOT of books. At my last trip to the library, the librarian informed me I currently have 31 items on loan. It's a sickness, really. But I don't wanna be cured.

Wanting: A million dollars would be nice. In the meantime, I'll settle for a shower.

Looking: Still looking for a lovely little thing called a job. Fun.

Deciding: Ditto still deciding on a course. Library jobs seem to be pretty hard to come by, which sucks. So I'm poised to go to lots of TAFE information sessions in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Wishing: I could make decisions! See above.

Enjoying: The aforementioned glass of moscato. Cheers!

Waiting: For someone to serve me a seafood platter to go with the wine. I'll be waiting a looooong time. Rude.

Liking: I am quite liking this blogging thing again. It's been a while.

Wondering:  If Santa will come. 'He' seems to be running a bit behind this year. Ahem.

Loving: Lazing about reading all of those books. Shut up. It's too hot today to do anything else.

Wishing: I loved running or some sort of sports as much as reading. Sigh.

Listening: To the next door neighbours clearly getting into the Christmas spirit with a party. Which we weren't invited to. THANK. GOD.

Considering: Making my own dinner since no one has turned up with that seafood platter. HMPH.

Buying: Wine! Well, technically it was Mickey Blue Eyes who bought it, but details.

Watching: Recently I was introduced to Outlander by my auntie and mum. Yep, I know! I'm totally behind the times. So now I have to catch up. I will force myself to do so. It'll be tough. So be it.

Marveling: At life, the universe and everything.

Hoping: We can get away at some point next year.

Needing: To get some Christmas shopping done. I've done nothing!

Questioning: Why I can't think of any questions for questioning when at other times I always have all the questions swirling in my head. WHY???? That is the question.

Smelling: Coffee.

Wearing: My fashion style at present would be called "Whatever fits".

Noticing: Nothing much fits. See above. Oops.

Knowing: I need to lose weight. But actually lose weight, not say I need to lose weight and continue stuffing my face. Classy.



Thinking:  About what to have for lunch. At 11.23 am. You can see I have a problem... Oooooooops.

Side note: The seafood platter definitely never arrived last night. I made my own fettuccine with a pesto sauce. It was quite tasty, but still. RUDE.

Admiring: The volunteers at St.Vincent De Paul. They do a fabulous job. And I'm now one of them! Yep, I started last Friday as Administration Support at one of the hubs. Yay!

Getting:  Excited at the new year ahead and all the good things I'm doing. 2019 is gonna be great! I hope. I think. Pretty please?

Opening: The fridge, and books. Sometimes even both at once cause I like to multi task. Skills, people.

Closing: My eyes for a little nanna nap after lunch. Zzzzzzz.

Feeling: Hopeful, wistful, weird and wonderful.

Noticing: My tummy grumbling in protest as soon I mention my need to lose weight. DOH.

Embracing: The return of the seventh circle of hell called summer. It's here. No use complaining about things you can't control. But that doesn't stop me. So prepare for a litany of pointless whining over the coming months. You're welcome.

And it would appear that this completes my stock take.

It was certainly delightful making a guest appearance on my own blog. I'm sure I'll be back again soon. Until then, adios! Or something...

What are you enjoying in December?

8 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm liking blogging again. I have that excitement and joy back and it is lovely being able to enjoy writing my blog and rereading what I've written.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ness, I love reading and love that the holidays are here soon because I can just read all day and not feel guilty You are welcom to come to our house for NYE we always make a seafood platter. I've been up and down about blogging this year but I've ended the yea enjoying it again - it must be the excitement of the holiday season. Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you going to tafe. I'm toying with this idea too - which is a bit of a joke seeing as I've spent 2 months not having time to do our tax...but you know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no such thing as too many books is there?! That hobbies meme sums me up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking a glass of moscato would help me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to lose weight too, but you know, Christmas tim tams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glass of pink moscato sounds good. Cold craft beer sounds good. Summer sounds good. I can't wait to get back home! I miss it terribly! Sorry, you got me a bit homesick there. Reading too much is a great sickness to have! Hope you have an awesome December. Also, where has this year gone, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Taking Stock made me very happy..for you! Go Ness. Liking blogging again, going to find a course at TAFE and being a volunteer. This is an awesome lot of news.
    Thank you for linking up this week for #lifethisweek Next week's optional prompt is the photo-based "Share Your Snaps." Denyse

    ReplyDelete