Friday 30 May 2014

Time Machine And Things I Know

I know that if I had a Time Machine I would blast myself back to the 1970's so that I could rock out in the mosh pit at every Carpenters concert. Shut up. Of course they had them.  Otherwise what else was Karen Carpenter doing below besides plunging into the mosh pit?


I know I would also go back and tell my younger self the current Lotto numbers so I could file them away for safe keeping.

I know I am deeply shallow to only think of doing the above two points when there are so many other historical events I could be present for; or disasters and crimes that I could potentially avert.

I know that it would be quite interesting to go back in time and attempt to explain to anyone in the past about our current technology.



I know that the whole concept of those Back To The Future movies was completely flawed. Think about it: Marty McFly goes back in time from the 1980's to the 1950's where he meets his future parents and has to ensure that they meet and fall in love so that he isn't obliterated from Earth for all time. However, wouldn't his parents tend to remember the dude who introduced them and notice the bizarre resemblance to their son years later?

I know that this lack of logic didn't stop me from avidly lapping up the films as a teenager.

I know that if I went back to the 1950's I would  definitely want to meet my Mum and be her bestie.

I know that I should stop fantasising about having a Time Machine and come back to reality and 2014 and do something constructive with my life.

I know that instead of doing the above I'll go meh and keep typing this drivel.

I know that I should quit procrastinating but I'll get to that later.

I know that I should probably do something about my rather significant facial hair, not to mention the entire forest growing on my  legs. 

I know that it's (the excessive hair) not a classy look unless I am planning on auditioning for the role of Chewbacca in any future Star Wars films. As a ranga, I'd be a sure thing for the part.

I know that I need a nanna nap.

I know that the pesky old Dinner Fairy won't show up tonight as per usual.

I know that some of my clothes are feeling not quite as snug, so perhaps this 'Get Healthy' stuff is working.

I know that I'm simultaneously pleased about the above and peeved that I can't have the same results while stuffing my face at will. Classy.

I know that I watch Offspring while rolling my eyes the whole time about how ridiculous it is.
.
I know that I'll still keep watching in spite of the above. It's a sickness really.

I know that I know everything about nothing.

I know that I have EFD. Big time.

I know that I haven't got a fucking clue in hell what do about having the above.

I know that nobody gives a fuck and will just think I'm lazy.

I know that I may appear to be lazy to somebody else judging from the state of my house.

I know that I do sweaty exercise every day so the above isn't true however much it appears to be. So ner.

I know that beginning a sentence with the words 'I know' starts to get really old after a while.

Therefore I won't do it this time.

I'm just mixing it up a bit . You're welcome.

In other scintillating news, I have raging, feral PMS AND I CAN'T HAVE CAKE OR CHOCOLATE!!!

I know that this is a TRAVESTY! OUTRAGEOUS!

I know that as a result of the above two points I am probably an utter joy to be around.

I know that the highlight of my day will involve folding washing while watching Dr Phil.

I know I should probably get out more.

With this in mind, I will be leaving the house tomorrow to watch Mr 12 march in our local festival with his school.

I know that there will be rather a lot of these strange things called people there.

I know that outwardly I appear to be one these strange things called people but I think we've established that I'm a completely different creature altogether.

I know that it's time to bring this pointless list limping to it's feeble end.

I know that if you're still reading at this point you deserve all the chocolate and cake that I can't have. Please avail yourself of this.

I know that I hate you if you did. Don't take it personally. I HATE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. It's the PMS. Or it could be....


I know that I'm not an owl but I'm wise so same thing, right? Shut up.

I know that the limping end to this post that I promised previously is now crawling. Apologies.

I know that I might as well jump to it. Over and out.

Linking up (belatedly) with Tegan from Musings Of The Misguided for The Lounge



Linking up with Ann from Help!! I'm Stuck! for Things I Know



                                                 Where would you go with a fictional Time Machine?
                                                
                                                  What do you know?

9 comments:

  1. Shouldn't that be Irritable Foul Syndrome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I definitely have that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I clicked on your link I just knew it would contain something to do with The Carpenters! i wisI had the Lotto numbers as well. I don't need trillions, I just need enough. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!! Thanks for ruining back to the future for me!! I totally forgot about my waxing appointment thanks for the reminder!! I say have a little chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did writing that post get it out of your system? Self deprivation makes me cranky. I've been restricting my food intake for 3 weeks and I've lost nothing but 3 happy weeks. Grrrr. Go eat chocolate Nessy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ridiculous facial hair too. Although I have learned from my granny and mum and haven't touched the mo'. Yes I have a mo..but it hasn't gotten darker, or longer, meanwhile my mum and granny have to do hair removal everyday!

    Thanks for linking up with us at The Lounge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, I had to stop reading at the first image coz I was snorting so hard with laughter - indeed, all the knowledge known to man and what do we use it for?
    I'm pretty sure there are small, lost children dropping trails of breadcrumbs in the forest on my legs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hilarious!!! I laughed the whole way through. I hope the PMS has effed off and left you alone now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a female chewbacca wookie thing. Maybe he's gay? Maybe he's not? Maybe you should petition to be his love interest in the new movie, or is that too weird? You'd have competition from me at the audition, I could knit a scarf a the moment :)

    ReplyDelete