Thursday 21 August 2014

Happy Is The Way I'm Feeling...

It feels like it's been a while since I've checked into my little World here at Nessville. In reality, it's only been just over a week. And what a week it's been. Such a sad week, with the passing of Robin Williams added to all the other usual sad stuff that is the news every day.  So sad, that the Lounge Lizards want us to get all happy just to lighten things up a bit. So I will.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a simple deep and complex creature who can somehow find happiness with the most inane unusual and interesting things. Such as:





Why wouldn't this make you happy? Totally cracks me up.

  • Carpenters (the musical duo NOT the tradesmen. Although if they were cute tradesmen...*coughs* I mean, erm, I'd still stick to the musical duo as I'm a married woman and all that. Ahem.
  • Karen Carpenter (TOTALLY different thing. Sort of. Kind of.  Okay, not really)
  • Music in general
  • Books
  • Reading (which kind of explains the books thing)
  • Exercising. Yes, exercising! (Tragically, you can't get the same endorphins from sleeping. Hmph!)
  • Strength training. Yes, strength training. (I have buns of steel. Well, I might if it wasn't for the next three things...)
  • Cakies
    A few of my favourite things sent to me by my favourite
    imaginary friends. Thanks Posski and Randa!
  • Chocolate
  • Food in general
  • Pretty notebooks
  • Make-up
  • Jewellery
  • Clothes (comfy track suit pants ARE clothes!!)
  • Blogging
  • Writing
  • Laughing
  • Mangoes (the only good thing about Summer is all the stone fruits)
  • Strawberries
  • Cups of tea
  • The colour green
  • The colour purple ( but not necessarily together WITH green)
  • Pub meals
  • All meals (ahem...)

  • Wine
  • Scotch and coke (these last two can make me EXTREMELY happy *hiccups and giggles*)
  • Lipstick (see number 12)
  • Hair dye
  • Dogs (especially Beagles and Dachshunds)
  • Babies (as long as they're somebody else's at this point)
  • Movies
  • Warm (but not too hot) weather
  • Roses (the flowers and the Cadbury variety)
  • Being warm
  • My bed
  • Snuggling in bed (see above)
  • Hugs with my boys
  • Houses
  • Dreams
  • Pens
  • Phone
  • Computer/Internet
  • Facebook (I may be addicted. There was no need for the word 'may' in that sentence...)
  • Blogger ( So I can bore everyone. You're welcome)
  • Vitamins
  • Autumn leaves
  • Spring
  • Comfy shoes
  • Shoulder massages
  • Any massages
  • Clean sheets
  • Staying in motels
  • My heat pillow (because I'm like a hundred year old woman named Enid with all my aches and pains)
  • Blank paper
  • 'Anne' books
  • Retro things
  • Daydreaming
  • Sleeping
  • Pointless lists
  • Diaries and journals
  • Humour
  • Special occasions
  • Friends (I think I still have one or two)
  • My boys
  • Walks
  • Quiet time
  • Old photos
  • Words
  • Chick flicks
  • Chick lit
  • My cakie make-up bag
  • My cakie pyjamas
  • My cakie notebook (I'm sensing a theme here)
  • Imaginary (online) friends
  • My family
  • Funny blog posts (reading them or writing them)
  • Funny things my boys say
  • Micky Blue Eyes (just in case he's reading this: it means nothing that you didn't make the list until now. I was just saving the best until last)
Thus ends another pointless fascinating list. Now, I'm off to my happy place.... 

3 comments:

  1. Great list Ness!!
    I am as sad as you with the exercise thing!! I am a totally different person!! I actually look forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you did books & reading - they aren't necessarily the same thing. I like some books I have no intention of reading (too high brow for me but they're nicely bound) (that sounds weird..but I know where I'm going with it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love that you have a running commentary with it too.

    Thanks for linking up with us at The Lounge!

    ReplyDelete