Sunday 9 December 2012

My Christmas Wish List

 I just realised that I was tagged in the Christmas Wish List Thingy by Tegan from  Musings of the Misguided. Thanks Tegan!

Similarly, I only just realised it actually was going to be Christmas presently a week or two ago. I'm a tad slow. Anyhow, here goes:

1. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but if Mariah Carey would please stop warbling about All She Wants For Christmas everywhere I go that would be great.

2. I wish there really was a Santa, so I didn't have to brave the shops and consequently hear Mariah Carey warbling every five minutes.

3. I wish I could take the credit if my boys are blissfully happy with their gifts instead of bloody old Santa getting the credit.

On the flip side if they are less than thrilled with their loot, I'm more than happy to blame Santa. After all, what has he ever done for me?  He didn't even bring me a Barbie Dream House when I wanted one so desperately in 1980. Or a Ken doll. I had to make do with my brother's GI Joe with the dodgy leg that fell off when you tried to pretend they were having sex. (Come on, don't tell me I was the only one who ever did that. Was I?)

4. I would really love to have a time machine. What for? Well, then I could hop in and have it whisk me back to May 1972, so I could go and see the Carpenters perform at the Chevron Hotel in Sydney.  Oh, shut up.
This may or may not be the 1972 concert, either
way, I wish I was there. In the mosh pit.

It's not lame that I want that. Or even that I know that they did, indeed, perform at the Chevron Hotel in Sydney in May, 1972. And that, while here, Karen Carpenter bought a stuffed koala bear and named him Sir Bear Of Sydney and that is why I call myself that on Twitter. Again, I reiterate, shut up.


5. I wish that the afore mentioned time machine could not only whisk you back in time, but also figure out a way to make more time in the day so I could spend hours listening to Carpenters, blogging and reading and still find time for other stuff. Like those pesky kids I have. Ahem.

PS. I also wouldn't mind finally becoming Cashed Up Bogans and getting that McMansion in Boganville Heights. Oh, and world peace.

PPS. There is really nothing at all wrong with Mariah Carey. She can't help it that she's not Karen Carpenter.

Oh, and I should tag people. As I've mentioned I'm a bit slow and spacey, so if you've already done this, ignore me.

Homemaker Mummy

Mum's Take Five

A life of peace and gratitude

Mrs Sabbatical

MummyManifesto








16 comments:

  1. Could I respectfully disagree with you on one point Ness - there IS something wrong with Mariah Carey and she should be jailed for crimes against humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I am not the only one that wants to stab myself in the ears when I hear Mariah Carey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww, and there is no escaping that song this time of year arrrghhh. I guess that's what ipods are for, right?

      Delete
  3. Cool list! I want a time machine too but I'd see different bands: Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Jimmi Hendrix, Queen, Nirvana... just to name a few. I'd obviously need my time machine to also be able to transport me to any place on earth they were playing at the time. V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your list of totally cool bands emphasises how lame I am liking Carpenters...oh dear..*slinks off to hide in a corner*

      Delete
  4. I love all things on your list except the Mariah bashing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All artists get bashed at times. I should know, being a Carpenters fan. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Cool list Ness. I'll have to admit that I had a slight obsession with Mariah Carey in the 90's which resulted in my trying to warble like her and play her CDs 24/7 (I was young naive...) Can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Sure, I can be friends with anyone who is willing to overlook my Carpenters obsession, after all, who am I to judge?

      Delete
  6. I have a bit of a soft spot for Mariah too...
    No-one hits those high notes like she does. I don't CARE what Minaj has to say....
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, she certainly CAN hit those high notes, but she can't play the drums and rock a pair of Raggedy Ann bell bottoms the way Karen could lol :o).

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, I tagged you for a Sunshine Award in my latest blog post. The idea of the Sunshine award is that bloggers tag other bloggers that they think are deserving of acknowledgement and link them to their page. I was tagged, so am sharing the love.

    http://alisontennentdennehy.weebly.com/1/post/2012/12/little-miss-sunshine-thats-me.html

    See you in the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in a 100% agreement with you on Mariah Carey and the time machine... If you find one, try and take me with you. I'd love to see the Carpenters in 1972 too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! We're going!! We can stop off for a few other concerts after than too, Beatles etc. Now all we need is that Time Machine...

      Delete