Friday 21 December 2012

A Great Big Bogan Thankyou Take Two

It has come to my attention that I have been tagged yet again for another award. This time for something called the Leibster Award. To explain what that is I pinched this from one of my taggers:


"The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience."
 
Thanks are due to Tracey from Bliss Amongst Chaos who  tagged me.
 
Now I will answer Tracey's questions:
 


1. What is your favourite colour?
Green
 
2. Best book you ever read?
There are so many but The Magic Faraway Tree and Anne Of
Green Gables are still my favourites since childhood.
3. What is your 'houseworking' music of choice?
None really. If I put music on, no house work will be done, because I'll do anything to avoid it.
 
4. Do you have a habit that others would consider weird and if so, what?
Oh boy, we could be here for a while on this question. Deep breath. I have a Karen Carpenter obsession and stimming behaviours, such as hand flapping and rocking, due to having Aspergers.
 
5. Are you messy, or a neat freak?
Horrifically messy, I'm afraid.
 
6. What is one word your friends would use to describe you?
Probably 'sweet', because they are too kind to say nauseating.
 
7. When choosing a milkshake, what flavour do you always go for?
Chocolate, of course. Chocolate makes everything better.
 
8. What is your favourite quote?
Be yourself, everybody else is already taken- Oscar Wilde
 
9. What is your favourite movie of all time?
A bit stuck on this question to be honest, but I do love Barbra Streisand, so maybe Funny Girl or The Way We Were. As I mentioned, I'm nauseating.
 
10. What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Besides eating myself into a coma? Um, no idea really.
 
11. Do you prefer wine or spirits?The only spirit I like is scotch, so possibly wine.

 I have also been tagged by the bad ass Tegan (see, I didn't call you 'lovely' or any of those nauseating adjectives) from  Musings of the Misguided

These were her questions:

How long have you been blogging?
Since March 2012.
 
What was the first Blog you read?
Karen Carpenter Avenue. Or something to do with Karen anyway. Shut up.

How did you come up with the name for your Blog?
It's basically a pun of the classic novel Tess of the D'urbervilles and since my name is Vanessa, everyone calls me Ness for short and we do, indeed, live in Boganville, it seemed to fit. Though I've since realised that anyone making the connection between bogans and classic literature might be a bit of a stretch.

Summer or Winter?
They both suck. I can't figure out which one sucks more for me.


How do you start your day?
With a cup of tea.

One thing you couldn't live without?
Oxygen. Yep, I'm a smart arse.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, who is one person you would like to be stuck with?
Barack Obama, because then there might be a rather good search party coming to rescue us.

Your favourite indulgence food?
Chocolate

Do you blog to a schedule?
Nope. I'm not organised and I never know when I can get computer time anyway, as I have to share. Wahhhhhhh.
 
If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
In a five star motel, in any capital city, by myself, with my books, a lap-top and unlimited room service.

Are you ready for Christmas?
As ready as I'll ever be. (ie Not ready AT ALL)


Now, I think the way it works is that I am supposed to think of some questions and tag people, however it is at this stage that I will gracefully bow out of the tag game, as I suspect that all the people I was going to tag have already been tagged. I'm always a bit behind with these things. With everything, in fact. Oops.

So, anyway, so long and thanks for all the tags!


 


4 comments:

  1. Haha finally someone recognises my badassness (is so a word!) just to be extra nauseating I'm grinning like an idiot while sitting in a cafe. I'm sure the men in nice white coats will be along shortly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha see, I told you, you can be sunshiney AND bas ass!

      Delete
  2. Heehee... You make me giggle and for that I am eternally appreciative :) Smiles are always needed! I especially enjoyed your reasoning as to why you'd like to be stuck on a desert island with Obama... Very logical! And it made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad I could give you a laugh :)

      Delete