Wednesday 6 January 2021

I Miss Blogging

Hey. Remember me?

I just suddenly felt like typing some words here again. Apparently I have not done so since September of 2019! It is now 2021. Just an FYI in case you were unaware.  I'm very helpful with the Captain Obvious stuff. 

Oh, and there's this pesky old global pandemic thing happening. Fun times. Said no one ever. 

Consequently it felt a bit silly and unimportant in the scheme of things to keep on rambling on here in my ridiculous way. I dunno. I do overthink  things, because only a handful of people read my ramblings anyway. Which is how I like it. So on with the proceedings. 

Anyway, a few things have happened since September 2019. A bullet list is always a lazy yet efficient way of imparting information  So let's do it. 

  • I have continued being a volunteer administrative support assistant at Blacktown Community Hub St Vincent De Paul Society *waves at Vinnies people* 
  • I have finally completed my Diploma of Library and Information Services and am participating in the Australian Library and Information Association's mentoring scheme as a mentee. 
  • I completed my industry placement at Monte Sant Angelo Mercy College in North Sydney in order to (finally!) achieve my diploma. You may or may  not recall (or even care) that I was scheduled to begin a placement at University of Western Sydney back in April, then BOOM: Lockdown. Luckily I was able to keep my enrolment open in case a truncated placement became an option. And it did. See above. 
  • I have applied for a billionty jobs and had one or two interviews. Although I did not get the position I interviewed for I was offered to be put in the casual pool. I'm quite pleased with this outcome. I had my pre-employment medical just before Christmas, so fingers crossed some actual shifts in a library may be on the horizon. YAY! Unless we go into lockdown again... In which case I imagine libraries will close again. Related: wear a freaking mask, people! 
  • Last June we farewelled our lovely rescue dog Cookie. Such a beautiful soul. She rescued us, really. She was quite old and her cancer returned. She had previously had breast cancer before we adopted her. It was really difficult to let her go, but in the end it was the kindest thing to do. 


RIP beautiful Cookie 


  • We welcomed another rescue dog to the family! I always knew we would get another dog, but I've gotta admit it happened a hell of a lot quicker than I had imagined. But I am glad of it. Enter Chandler.  See below. He's a Jack Russel and Fox Terrier cross. He was a lost doggy at the local pound who was not claimed by his previous owners. All I can say is, their loss is our gain. He's definitely one of the family now! 




  • Mickey Blue Eyes and I have continued our tradition of scintillating Sunday drives. Here are a few highlights: 










  • Oh yeah, we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last November. That's kinda a long time, right? 




  • I have a milestone birthday coming up next week! Hoping to have an appropriately socially distanced celebratory dinner with my family. And, of course, CAKE! 

So basically some things have changed, but on the other hand nothing ever changes with yours truly. 

Why mess with what works, right? 

Until *next time,

Ness 

*Next time could be next week, next month, next year... Who knows? 


5 comments:

  1. Ah Ness, I so missed your words here but I also know you have kicked so many professional goals in this past year & more I am so so very proud of you!! My daughter is 50 this year...we celebrate our 50th Anniversary in Jan...she was 'ahem' at the wedding in utero! I look forward to sharing your celebrations too. Welcome back to Life This Week in 2021 on my blog each Monday. Thank you for linking up this week. Next week the optional prompt is 2/51 Announcement on Mon11 Jan. Hope to see you back here then too. Take care, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, D. That means so much to me. All the cool kids were born in 71! Congrats to you all. x

      Delete
  2. You have been busy, but nice to see you back and blogging. Happy (milestone) birthday for next week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Welcome back Ness! I've missed your posts! That's a hell of an update and I look forward to reading more from you this year! Hope you've been well. Congrats on the diploma too!

    ReplyDelete