Monday 9 January 2017

One Word

Why hello there! And a happy new year to you! It's still January so I can say that, right? 

Apparently there is this thing where you are supposed to choose a word that is meant to define your year ahead. 

You know, something like: 

Joy
Abundance
Gratitude
Nesstacular (Okay, I made that one up) 
Hope 
Believe 
Abso-fucking-lutely (I may have watched too many episodes of SATC) 
Contentment
Eisenbahnscheinbewegung (Yes, it's totally a word according to Buzzfeed. Reliable source, no?). 
Insert any other inspiring word you can think of...

The problem is, I seem to have no words at the moment. I've logged in here a few times and started typing only to trail off and give up. Everything I wrote seemed like blah blah blah who really cares anyway and I'm boring myself so I must be boring everyone else... I. just. can't. be. bovvered. 

On the other hand, having nothing to say has never seemed to stop me before, so why all the over thinking it now? 

As long as my one word for 2017 isn't the same as it has been every other year:

CAKE.


Well, except on my birthday...  You MUST have cake on a birthday! And it's someone's birthday somewhere every day, as the joke goes... Anyway, enough about that! Moving on. 

A bit of a google search has revealed this site called My One Word. I should have known there would be a site for everything. We never have to think for ourselves thanks to dear old Google. A quick glance at their suggested words and I've got it! 

MOVE. 


I really, really need to do more of this.

About a week or so ago I actually did shit tonnes of house work (truly!). At the end of the day I looked at my fitness tracker device and I'd clocked up almost 11,000 steps! Can housework really be good for you after all??!! 


When I'm typing I'm moving my fingers, (even if it is drivel), so that's something! It's a start, anyway. 

Just to state a bit of the old Captain Obvious (because I'm always helpful like that), it's been too furiously hot to do anything besides sit there and melt. Phew! Straya! 


These outfits would never work in Straya. Shame. 


But move I must. Somehow. Eventually. I've still got a whole eleven other months of 2017 after January ends... Shut up. 

In the usual tradition of my disjointed nonsensical rambling posts, I'll just jump onto another train of thought...

I must admit I'm rather partial to a few words from that previously mentioned Buzzfeed listicle. 

I think persiflage and panglossian  are EXACTLY what I am about in 2017! In fact it's always been about persiflage on this here blog. 

DONE.

I started out with no words and came up with three to define my year! 

My word for 2017 is: 

MOVE.

With an honourable mention to PERSIFLAGE and PANGLOSSIAN.


Side note:  Just in case you couldn't be bothered reading that Buzzfeed listicle: Persiflage means frivolous and light-hearted talk; Panglossian means extreme optimism even during adversity. Perfect! 

Okey dokey, now that I've indulged in this frivolity (persiflage!) I had better actually, erm... MOVE. 

Over and out. 

Linking up for Life This Week.

What is your word for 2017?


7 comments:

  1. Too funny. Thank you for sharing. Have a great year in 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg those words are hysterical. Can you imagine dropping them into everyday conversation? Good luck with moving. My almost 12 yo got a Fitbit and when we ran errands the other day I was impressed to know we have walked over 5000 steps in 2 hours at Westfield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I need a redo! My word needs to be cake this year! Also epic points for including that Golden Girls meme. Gosh I love Dorothy. She is excellent.
    I am all about Persiflage. It keeps things from getting to strangely personal. Get amongst it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh if only our fingers MOVING across the keyboard helped our fitness goals we could eat ALL of the CAKE...love this Ness! Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 2/52. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this selection of words!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your words! Why are you so darn clever?! And why didn't I think of that :D X Also wondering why I don't have any cake in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cake is the best word for any year!

    ReplyDelete